Greetings, Dear Health Aspirant!
Welcome to MAR acupuncture
It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Thank you for inquiring about MAR acupunture, I’m honored and I look forward to supporting your unique health goals.
As a primary care physician, I provide treatment of routine injuries, illnesses and focus on preventive care. I offer integrated, accessible health care and am accountable for addressing a large majority of personal health care needs, developing sustained partnerships with patients, and practicing in the context of family and community.
With the role as a healthcare gatekeeper, I enjoy working with and referring to other practitioners and specialists so that you receive the most comprehensive, well rounded care.
Licensure, Organizations, Professional Associations, Education
I am actively state licensed by the Florida Acupuncture Board, the California Acupuncture Board, the Oregon Medical Board, and nationally board certified by the NCCAOM.
I am proud to be a member of the Florida State Oriental Medical Association (FSOMA), the California State Oriental Medical Association (CSOMA), the American Association of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture (AACMA), and the Oregon Association for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (OAAOM).
Being an academic fills my heart & mind! My credentials include:
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA, Magna Cum Laude, DACM, 2018.
- Five Branches University, San Jose, California, Magna Cum Laude, MSTCM. 2008-2011.
- Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont, Graduate Language School of Spanish, 2000.
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, B.A. Spanish, Cum Laude. 1996-2000.
I own and operate MAR acupuncture PC, a private and integrative medical practice in St. Petersburg, FL. If you’re outside the St. Pete & Tampa area, I can support you via email, phone, and with healthcare packages. Feel free to contact me at [email protected].
In addition to practice, I’m a medical professor at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in NYC, teaching via a live, online platform: U.S. Healthcare Policy and Systems Based Medicine.
I have also collaborated in hospitals to integrate Chinese medicine with allopathic medicine, such as the St. Charles Hospital’s Palliative Care Department and the Cancer Center’s Integrative Therapies Department.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is my love story.
My first exposure to acupuncture was seeking treatment for my low back that was in muscle spasm. The pain was incredibly high and debilitating; I couldn’t move or work (and my job at the time required international travel). I went to an acupuncturist and after the first visit, my pain level was lower and I was mobile. After just three visits, my pain level was at zero and I was back at work, traveling and exercising! My mind was blown! From my first hand experience with the healing power of this 3,000-year-old medicine, I fell in love and wanted to know everything about it! I applied to Traditional Chinese Medical school in NYC, quit my high stress traveling job and here I am, 15 years later: practicing my passion.
I seek the care of a TCM practitioner as my primary care of medicine and integrate it with allopathic medicine when necessary. For example, in 2016, I fractured the humerus bone (upper arm) due to a road cycling accident and I immediately sought care at an ER and with an Orthopedic MD. My follow up care was with an acupuncturist/Chinese herbalist to support and expedite my body’s natural ability to heal. The orthopedic surgeon was surprised at how quickly the bone was healing and wouldn’t need surgery! The result was that I had minimal down time, only missed a couple days of work, never underwent invasive procedures, didn’t take opioids for pain management, and I’ve returned to full range of motion.
I’m honored to be entrusted with your health and have you experience the positive changes in your body, as I have.
My number one priority for you is to obtain optimal wellness!
Acupuncture and oriental medicine techniques promote, maintain, and restore health and prevent disease. A gentle treatment with me includes:
- Acupuncture diagnosis and treatment to prevent or correct disease, malady, illness, injury, pain, addictions, disorders, and dysfunction of the human body.
- Harmonizing the flow of Qi or vital force.
- Balancing your energy and functions.
- Promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
- Pain management and palliative care.
- Acupuncture anesthesia.
Traditional Chinese Medical Concepts, Modern Oriental Medical Techniques.
The services that I provide are:
- Acupuncture injection therapy (APIT).
- Allergy elimination.
- Chinese herb and formula prescriptions.
- Electroacupuncture (e-stim).
- Gua sha..
- Guided meditation.
- Kinesiology / muscle testing.
- Lifestyle counseling.
- Laboratory test and imaging findings.
- Moxibustion (Moxa).
- Nutritional counseling & dietary guidelines.
- Nutritional supplements.
- Qi gong, breathing, therapeutic exercises and daily activities.
- Thermal therapy with infrared heat.
- Whole food purification programs (10-day, 21-day, 28-day, 42-day).
- Other adjunctive therapies and diagnostic techniques of traditional Chinese medical concepts and modern oriental medical techniques.
In addition to Chinese medicine, I love all forms of athletics and outdoor play, spending time with friends & family, adventuring with my fur-baby, organic living, traveling, going to music events, meditation, and community outreach.