- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Research shows that biomarkers change at 3 months, 6 months and 1 yr.
- To relieve CRF, I will assess diet, activity and sleep; consider that fatigue is caused by a complex pattern; how fatigue presents uniquely to you; check symptoms of depression.Treatment plan: acupuncture 2x week for 4-6 weeks and then 1x week for 2-4 weeks for a total of 6-10 visits. Even treatment 1x week with only a few points needled will increase energy.
- The mechanism was checked via MRI to see if the neurological function of the areas of the brain for salivation were activated.
- The biological response was an improvement in the quantity of saliva.
- The saliva was measured before and after acupuncture and the MRI showed an increase in blood flow, increase in blood volume, and an increase in oxygen metabolism to areas of the brain (the cortistol regions of the insula and operculum, bilaterally) that are associated with saliva production.
- Such neuroimaging studies provide a bridge between Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine. Other evidence based medicine studies show the mechanism of action underlying acupuncture induced analgesia and generate new leads for future research.
- Treatment plan, acupuncture + estim: 2x week for 12 weeks for a total of 24 visits.
In 2013, Dr. Kevan began working in the oncology field at the integrative therapies department at St. Charles Cancer Center in Bend, Oregon. When the brand new, state of the art Cancer Center was designed, it included a wing specially for the integrative therapies dept to work under one roof with the medical oncology, radiation therapies and infusion departments. A decade in effect, the program is so successful, there’s a waitlist to receive acupuncture.
As a 2021 graduate of TCM Academy’s 50 hour, international, Oncology Acupuncture Program, Dr. Kevan is equipped with the specialist skills necessary to support all stages of your cancer journey. She has a fundamental understanding of both Allopathic and Chinese medical concepts of cancer development, diagnosis, treatment, and references the latest research in the field.
The combined skills earned from advanced oncology academia, continuous research in the field, and the in-depth experience of supporting cancer patients, survivors, family members, and herself set her competency apart from other holistic practitioners. Dr. Kevan has an empathic and compassionate approach to your care; she feels your fear, your pain, the loss of the quality of your life, your side effects from treatment.