Welcome to MAR acupuncture
It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Thank you for inquiring about MAR acupunture; I’m honored and I look forward to supporting your unique health goals.
As an educated scientist, empathic healer, & practitioner of evidence based medicine, my goals are to:
- Provide efficacious acupuncture & traditional Chinese medicine.
- Empower patients to obtain long-lasting wellness.
- Integrate allopathic & alternative medicines via collaboration with healthcare providers of multiple modalities.
- Offer the St. Petersburg community the most optimal, well-rounded, streamlined, loving, & evidence informed healthcare.
Our Clients Say
My experience with Mara Kevan, MARAcupuncture, was eye opening. I have opted for alternative & naturopathic medicine for years but had never tried acupuncture until now. Mara’s first consultation with me was a thorough analysis of my health history so she could concentrate on the areas that would give me the most relief. I’ve always believed everything is connected but when she showed me a chart about diet choices and the affect on blood sugar spiking and related it to the issues I was experiencing it all made sense. I am not a fan of needles but Mara alleviated my fears. Her space is inviting, she explains what she is doing and what areas she is targeting. After each treatment I feel so relaxed. I am so happy that I finally tried acupuncture and am even happier for finding Mara!
When I first came to Mara for acupuncture and nutritional guidance, my body was on “high alert”. My anxiety was through the roof, and I felt completely depleted and exhausted. I was having drastic high’s and low’s in my energy. She was able to diagnose and treat very quickly. I have not only felt on a more even keel day to day, but also as the weeks and months go by as well. She explained metabolism and how nutrition affects our bodies in a way that I had not heard before. Seeing her metabolism “graph”, made it unbelievably easy to change my daily habits. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Mara to anyone wanting to improve their health.
Nine months ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. During the course of treatment with chemotherapy I developed neuropathy in my hands and feet. As an artist who relies on her hands to create it was extremely difficult to continue my work without the feeling in my fingers, also, walking became hazardous as I fell several times because of the numbness in my feet. I decided to try acupuncture to see if it would help me.
Mara is wonderful at explaining how acupuncture works, she has a heart of gold and is very supportive and extremely caring. After only 2 treatments I noticed a slight change in the numbness in my fingers and after more therapy the numbness is continuing to abate. I now have full feeling in 6 of my fingers and after each treatment I continue to have more feeling in the last 2 fingers and thumbs. This applies to my feet as well. I am thrilled to say that I’m now able to continue with my artistic endeavors thanks to Mara’s expertise and magic needles. She has helped me more than words can express.
- Acupuncture injection therapy (APIT)
- Allergy elimination
- Chinese herb and formula prescriptions
- Electroacupuncture (e-stim)
- Gua sha
- Guided meditation
- Kinesiology / muscle testing
- Lifestyle counseling
- Laboratory test and imaging findings
- Moxibustion (Moxa)
- Nutritional counseling & dietary guidelines
- Nutritional supplements.
- Qi gong, breathing, therapeutic exercises and daily activities.
- Thermal therapy with infrared heat.
- Whole food purification programs (10-day, 21-day, 28-day, 42-day).
- Other adjunctive therapies and diagnostic techniques of traditional Chinese medical concepts and modern oriental medical techniques.